Monday, September 6, 2010

First Day of School 2010

OK, so I am a week late with this post but here goes. The first day of school was Monday August 30th. I was really looking forward to this day for weeks because the boys were starting to drive me crazy at home. They really needed more structure in their day and they needed new toys and friends to play with. They are the best of friends and play so well together most of the time but when they decide to be rotten to their brother it turns bad pretty quick.

Townsend's teacher, Mrs. Martin, was the only first grade teacher this year that had taught first grade last year. All the other teachers were new to first grade so I am pretty confident that he will have a good year. She is really into science experiments and hands on learning and I know he will love that.

Emerson was not so lucky in the teacher department. Two days before school started his teacher (a 70 year old man) decided it was time to retire. So Emerson had a substitute teacher all last week and talking with that teacher there is no telling when a new teacher will be hired. Oh well, at least the substitute teacher is our Bishop's wife and she is really great. It's not the best way to start off the new year but I know he is in good hands.

I continued the tradition of bringing them a schultute for their first day of school. This year they were filled with toy cars, candy and a ball with a basket game inside it. I think it helps get the school year off to a fun start.



Townsend with Mrs. Martin


Emerson with Mrs. Andrus

No comments:

Post a Comment