Thursday, January 27, 2011

The boys are SEVEN

For the past few weeks Hyrum and I have tried desperately to convince the boys they didn't want a birthday party.  We offered to take them on a small trip, to take them to a movie, to buy them something fancy...nope, they wanted a party.  I suppose after avoiding throwing an actual birthday party for my twins the last seven years I finally decided I should just do what they want and give them a party.  In the past we have had a few family friends over for cake and ice-cream with a strict "no gifts" rule but I think the boys have been invited to enough birthday parties now they have actually caught on to the fact they have been getting a bum deal.  So, two class parties and one big combined party later, we are all still alive and our house is still standing. 


Cakes #1 and 2
I brought in cake for the boys classes today.  Emerson wanted vanilla with oreo cookies and Townsend wanted chocolate with strawberries.  It was kind of crazy to organize it all.  I had to be in Townsend's class at 1:00 for his snack time and then Emerson's class at 1:15 but I think all the kids enjoyed the cakes.

Townsend wearing his birthday hat and enjoying his snack

Emerson and his birthday hat having cake with his class

Cake #3, for the evening birthday party.  This one was half chocolate and half vanilla.  Those are supposed to be number 7's all over the cake but they are kind of sloppy...I'm not known for my craftiness:)

They played a few games (duck, duck, goose and some other relay games)

They opened some gifts...

Then we smashed a pinata to bits!  Here is Emerson getting ready to take a swing

Townsend takes his turn at whacking the pinata

I'm pretty sure the boys had a good day.  The friends that came over seemed to have a fun time and there was PLENTY of food.  We ordered 8 large pizzas and a whole sheet cake...what were we thinking?  I'm also pretty sure I don't want to do this again anytime in the near future...good thing their birthday only comes once a year!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing how birthdays still come when we are not around! Miss you and your family. I remember the last birthday party. Some of us don't follow the "no gift" rule. I hope that they had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the MOTHER OF THE YEAR for these three parties and cakes. It was our daughter Zoie's 8th party that did Stevey and I in forever...total pandemonium. Can you believe that Zoie is turning 12 tomorrow! I love your boys, they are so handsome and look like they had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cakes!! I bet your cuties will remember this party forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmm lovely tight little boipussys at that age I could make them feel real good, love to suck theirdicks too

    ReplyDelete