We always begin the Easter season by decorating our tree next to the house with Easter eggs. This is a German tradition that I intend on bringing home with me. It sure makes the rainy days of Spring look brighter when you see all these colorful trees around the neighborhood.
This is the only branch on the tree that Julian could reach. By the time he was done there were about 20 eggs on this spot.
Daddy lifted Emerson up so he could hang some eggs up high.
My boys in front of our decorated tree
Next up for the Easter season...the Easter egg hunt. We had a few families from our ward over for dinner and the big hunt. We hid about 150 eggs filled with candy around the yard. There were 11 kids running around collecting eggs. I think they all had a fun time.
The kids lined up and ready to go!
Julian was so excited collecting eggs. He was especially happy to find out there was candy inside:)
All the kiddos showing off their loot
We were in the middle of our long road trip for Spring break for the actual Easter Sunday. It's a good thing the Easter Bunny found us, all the way in France.
They got a chocolate bunny and a giant kinder egg...
...I did mention it was a GIANT kinder egg, right?
Look at Julian! I don't even recognize that big boy! We need to catch up soon- We'll be in Utah the week of 4th of July and I am hoping you guys have plans to visit Utah on your way back.
ReplyDeleteI love the giant kinder egg. I can't believe the Easter bunny didn't bring any kinder eggs to my kids this year. What was she.. er.. he thinking? :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like your Easter was magical.
Look at that EGG! That is awesome. Is there a huge toy inside? It's only logical I guess. And WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I miss seeing you. Hope you're at church tomorrow!
ReplyDelete