Monday, August 15, 2011

Munich (or München for you die hard German speakers)

Summer vacation lasts a little too long for me.  My kids get bored, they get grumpy and I go insane.  I have to get out and do something with all this time on our hands.  I just can't stay at home for more than a few weeks without getting the itch to go and do something different.  Last weekend I went to Munich, dragging along a helpful 10 year old girl with me (thanks Victoria Briskin).  We drove down Friday morning, ate lunch at McDonalds and then hit the Deutsches Museum.  We have been to this museum twice already but the boys love their exhibit on mining and I knew Julian would love the children's museum exhibit.  After the museum we walked around the old city a bit and then got some bratwurst on rolls for dinner.  All in all it was a fun filled day.  Hyrum came down on the train after work on Friday and met us in Munich around 8:00PM.  Saturday we had a blast at the zoo and after lunch we went to a great outdoor swimming pool.  We got home Saturday evening tired but happy to have experienced something different than our day to day routine.

Julian loved the children's museum

Townsend and Emerson playing around at the children's museum

Julian and Victoria relaxing at the playground

The Victuellen Markt where we always go for yummy bratuwurst.

The boys usually just eat the bratwurst and save the roll to feed the pigeons.

The Munich zoo has a great aquarium.

Hello...crocodile?

We were so lucky to see many baby animals.  We saw this cute baby elephant but there were also baby giraffes, monkeys and ducks to be seen.

We were lucky enough to happen upon the sea lions during their "show."  Townsend said this was his favorite part of the zoo.

Julian feeding the goats at the petting zoo.

Here we are in the University district enjoying what is probably the best gelato in Munich.  They had the craziest flavors to choose from.  I got a scoop of chocolate/ginger...it was fabulous!



No comments:

Post a Comment