Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mediterranean Cruise: Dubrovnik, Croatia

Sunday, November 20th.  One of the reasons I chose this cruise was because I had heard wonderful things about the city of Dubrovnik.  I was looking forward to exploring the fortress walls and walking around the old city.  Unfortunately, because of our late start the day before, the ship didn't arrive in Dubrovnik until 4:00 PM so it was already dark and most things were closed.  Oh well, I still enjoyed walking around and seeing the little piece of Dubrovnik that I could at that time of day.  My Mom and Dad stayed on the ship for this excursion.  They were tired from all the travel the day before and felt it might be better to rest on the ship.

My Mom, enjoying a bit of sunshine on the deck of the ship.  As you can tell from her pants and sweatshirt, it wasn't exactly warm on the deck but the sun was fabulous.

A view of Croatia from the ship as we came into Dubrovnik.

The main street down the center of the Old City of Dubrovnik.  Most of the shops were closed but it was still cool to walk around and explore the city.

The Old City is surrounded by a wall which you can walk around (when it's open.)  I really hope I get the chance to come back here some day and explore some more.

I had someone take my picture just so I could prove I was here!

This crepe made my excursion woes all better...nothing like a bit of chocolate to cheer you up when all the sights are closed and it's dark and cold outside.

When I got back on the ship I found my Mom reading a book in one of the lobbies.  My Dad was still asleep so we decided to enjoy a few drinks in the lounge and see the show that night by ourselves.

What would a cruise be without scantily clad girls, cheesy dance numbers and crooning voices.  The show was everything I imagined a cruise show would be:)

No comments:

Post a Comment